Friday, January 8, 2010

Disabling the ability to click on My Computer


Disabling the ability to click on My Computer
You can restrict any user to access your system drives if you disable the click feature on My Computer. User will get no any changes when he will try to open My Computer.
By editing the windows registry keys, you can disable the click feature on My Computer. But always export or backup the whole windows registry keys on backup drive before editing. Because any mistake in Registry can cause serious problem in your computer to run properly.
Follow the given steps to disable My Computer setting.
  • First click on Start button then type Regedit in Run option.
  • In registry editor panel search the value
        20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D
  • May be you will find this value on path HKey_Classes_Root \ CLSID section.
  • Here delete the entire section of this value.
  • Now close the registry editor and restart your computer after any changes to go into effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment